DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
In the interests of clarity, transparency and accountability, the La Côte Anglican Church Council is pleased to share with you all the church’s policies and procedures for the collection, processing, sharing and retention of your personal data.
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. La Côte Anglican Church’s processing of personal data is governed by Swiss Law known as the new Swiss Data Protection Act (“nFADP”) and the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we?
The Chaplaincy Council of La Côte Anglican Church is the data controller (contact details at the end of this document). This means that the Council decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. Why do we collect your personal data?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To inform you of news, events, activities and services running at La Côte Anglican Church
- To administer membership records
- To fundraise and promote the interests of the church
- To manage our employees and volunteers
- To maintain our own accounts and records
- For members of the clergy and trained, supervised volunteers to provide pastoral care to church members
4. How do we process your personal data?
The Chaplaincy Council of La Côte Anglican Church complies with its obligations under the GDPR and nFADP by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure, and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
5. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Explicit consent of the data subject (individual church members) so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and services and process your donations
- Processing is necessary for carrying out obligations under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement.
- Processing is carried out by a not-for-profit body (such as La Côte Anglican Church) with a political, philosophical, religious or trade union aim provided:
- the processing relates only to members or former members (or those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes);
- there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
6. Do we share your personal data?
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the church in order to carry out a service to other church members or for purposes connected with the church.
We only share your data with third parties outside of the church where they perform a function on behalf of the church (such as sending emails). These third parties may only use your information to perform these functions and may not use it for any other purpose.
Your personal data will not be passed to third parties for marketing or other commercial purposes.
7. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data in accordance with the guidance set out in the guide “Keep or Bin: Care of Your Parish Records”, which is available from the Church of England website.
Specifically, we retain electoral roll data while it is still current; and chaplaincy registers (baptisms, marriages, funerals) permanently.
8. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the nFADP or the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which the Chaplaincy Council of La Côte Anglican Church holds about you.
- The right to request that the Chaplaincy Council of La Côte Anglican Church corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request that your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the Chaplaincy Council of La Côte Anglican Church to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time.
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request that a restriction is placed on further processing.
9. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining that new use prior to commencing the processing, and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
10. Contact details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact the Church Administrator at:
La Côte Anglican Church
Rue de l’Eglise 9,
Phone: +41 22 364 00 30